"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

30 August 2008

for your holiday viewing pleasure

It's a long, lovely 3 day weekend. My big plans include some gardening, BBQing and romping with the pups. I plan on getting in some drawing as well as I have been selected to participate in the juried Old Town San Diego Art Festival. I just love the area and this trip will give me the perfect excuse to bask in luxury at the Hotel del Coranado during my free time.

Following are a few of my more lighthearted offerings....

"The Cats: le Chapeau"
I seldom actually I LIKE something I do, but I will admit, this twisted version of the cat in the hat is one of my favorites. The model is one of my homeless cats, Fluffy, who likes to sit on the top of my back porch fence each morning and worship the rising sun.





"Dinner"



"Grey Luv"



"Off Kilter"
My first meeting with an ostrich was not pretty. They are the oddest looking birds and this one was none too friendly. And I'm sure Mr. Ostrich was equally unimpressed about meeting me!

Kathy



No comments: