"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

04 February 2007

Catching up

No, I haven't forgotten about all of you. Just been a tad busy. In Arizona, this time of year is the start of gardening season. Amid my blooming daffodils, I'm busily planting bulbs, snapdragons, herbs and plants I've never seen before let alone heard of. The pups have done their best to dig holes for me but unfortunately, not where I want them.


I've also been drawing like crazy. The West Coast Greyhound Gathering in Solvang, California is less than a month away. I'm doing logos for 2 upcoming greyhound events. One is still under wraps but here's my design for the 2007 Phoenix Invasion.


If you can't make the event, you can order a tshirt. Drop me an email at greyhoundstudies@yahoo.com and I'll tell you how to get one.
I'm also doing some non-greyhound related artwork. Other breeds, the Southwest and just some fun images.

This drawing was based on a photo from a Greytalk friend.


I'm very pleased with how this image worked.
Remy's been pretty busy as well. I know she's still writing her diaries and now she wants to be a dancer. Something about trying out for "Dancing With the Stars". Here we are - with Dee looking on - taking a twirl around the yard.

I've done more hiking the last few weeks. The weather has been perfect for it. On Friday I tried a longer trail that went up into the mountains.
OK...I'm not ready to scale Mt. Everest quite yet. But I did see a deer and took I did take a few photos along the way.










This weekend was our 12th Annual Chocolate Affaire - a little music, a little romance and a whole lotta chocolate. Chocolate covered everything. Strawberries. Cheesecake. Key Lime pie. Chips. Turtle crepes. Make your own heart shaped chocolate pizza. And all within 3 blocks of my house. Oh and the horse drawn carriages were back, too! The Chocolate Affaire was recently listed among the Top 100 Events in North America by the Washington Post. I did my best to up the weekend's chocolate consumption in addition to a bit of shopping.
Now, enough about me, what have you guys been up to? ;)
Kathy

No comments: