"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

12 August 2007

Trickle, trickle,spalsh, splash...

...tell me how long will this rain last?

It's monsoon season time in the Valley of the Sun - and it's NOT a dry heat by any stretch of the imagination. But I think this offering from Remy's diary will enlighten all of you, in a roundabout way, as to what happens at my house during the rainy season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 August, 2007

Dear Diary ~

Well Blondie...who is no longer blond by the way. For some reason she decided to be one of the brindle boys (Dee, Bobo & Huey) and now has blondie, copper, chestnut and brown hair. She's very stripey. It's a good thing I take a peek in her paint box to learn about such things or else I'd never know what Blondie is talking about half the time. To tell you a secret, I don't know what she's talking about half the time but she's very nice to me and rubs my tummy and snuggles with me at night and calls me her "BFF" and I love her very much. But I digress....anyway, however....Blondie and I had a long discussion about this rain-storm-thunder-lightning thing that's been going on here. And to be frank, well actually, to be Remy, I'm not a happy camper. (to digress once again - I don't like camping. I've never been camping but I know I don't like it!) I mean the wind blows and makes lots of racket and sometimes the branches from the trees fall down. The lightning makes the rooms all bright and I just cannot get a bit of sleep when the lights are on. Then there is the thunder. What's that all about??!!?!?!?!!??? Angels bowling, my eye! I just told Blondie that she's better do something to ease my stress during these storms or I was packing my knapsack and checking into the Hotel del Coranado for a month!! And guess what??? Blondie did some redecorating for me. First she rearranged her closet (read: she put away all her shoes) and layed down 2 very comfy pillows. It's a really big closet and I find it a nice place to hang out during a storm because there are no windows and the storm can't see me. Wonder if Blondie could put a water dish and a treat cart in the closet, too? Then she put up new curtains in my room...well, my room is not actually "my" room as I have to share it with rest of those mopes so I guess it's my dorm room. Theses drapes have special powers 'cause they make the room really dark and the storms sound more quieter. And they are very pretty with roses on them. I like flowers. Lots of people don't know that even tho I look and pee like a boy, I am very feminine and I really like flowers. In my 1st home I would go in the garden and pick all the pretty flowers but that didn't go over very well. I don't do that here but Blondie has planted some very nice flowers that I think would look swell in my dorm. And a lot nicer than the baby birds that Harley brings in. Oh drat...I digressed again....Now I'm not too stressed when the noisy storms come. If it get too loud in the dorm room, I just go into the closet and wait. Sometimes I fall asleep in the closet and Blondie forgets I'm in there and starts running around calling for me. Well DUHHHHHHH!!!! Like I'm going to go outside in a storm? HELLO!!Hummm...clock radio...maybe that's what I need in there...I'll talk to Blondie about putting one of those in too. Ya know...if she'd move all her clothes and shoes out of there, I'd have a nice little apartment for myself...

1 comment:

Liz said...

Remy -
Effee here, girlfriend and I can totally relate to that whole lightning and thunder thing. Did you know that when the big flash of light occurs, that they loud BOOM will occur right after??? I am totally ready for when that happens and I angrily tell the thunder to go away!!! Sometimes, if Mom doesn't close the dog door during these storms, I'll run out in the downpour, yelling at the thunder to make it go away and tell it its not welcome! Definitely have Blondie place a nice stereo, preferably a CD that can run continiously (right now, we're listening to Coreen Bailey Rae, but we've listened to Sinatra, Ray LaMontaine and Jack Johnson too), Mom thinks it drowns out the thunder so I can't hear it. It works sometimes, but not all the time. And forget that dumb Canine Lullaby CD, its LAME-O! The lullabies are so bad! although the heartbeat in the background can be kind of soothing. But I'd rather listen to more "adult" music than some covered lullaby songs (blech). Mom was telling Dad that she's thinking about buying some sort of cape, not so sure about that....

Stay cool!
Effee Ardell