"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

07 May 2007

Say "cheese"!!!

I decided to take the big step and purchase a real camera. No, I have not been using a Playskool model but I do have a little cutie - Canon's ELPH, It's handy, takes fine photos and has oodles of useless gizmos and doohickeys but I needed a camera that would not only take sharp, precise photos of my artwork but also enable me to capture the pups running around the yard...or wandering around with no clue, looking for bugs.

Enter the Canon EOS Rebel XTi with 10.1 pixels, a 2.5" LCD monitor, a couple of lenses, a way too heavy extra flash, tripod, lots of media cards, an awesome non-Coach camera bag and oodles of new & improved super duper gizmos and doohickeys.

HUH?????????!!!!!!!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?????!???

To echo the words of legendary photographer and Olympus spokes model Cheryl Tiegs - I can't tell the difference between a lense opening and a Broadway opening.

WHY did I get real camera???? WHAT was I thinking???? Was I out of my depth??? And most important...HOW THE HECK DO I TURN THIS THING ON?????

After a few days of reading the instructions and attempting to push buttons with the hope I would not blow anything up, I got the hang of it. Heck, these digital SLRs are so easy any monkey can do it. It's much easier than my grandfather's vintage Canon Canonet. And I am having tons of fun taking photos of everything. I'm planning on taking a photograpy class or two. And who knows...if I come up with something interesting, I might add "photographer" to my list of talents.

Say "cheese"!!!!

Kathy

No comments: