"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

12 April 2007

A.I. fever

My interest in watching "American Idol" begins and ends with the first episode. Once the freak show of off-key, untalented, delusional wannabes is over, I shut the TV off and switch on my "Best Of William Hung" CD. And while I have not changed my original opinion of "American Idol", the fascination of having a hometown girl still in the running seems to be griping even moi. But Glendale is a party place and cheering on Jordin Sparks has become a weekly event.

Fans gather at the Disney-like Westgate City Center in front of the big outdoor screens watching American Idol, amid live bands and other entertainment, homemade posters in hand (on the off chance Jordin will be able to see them from the other side of the screen!) and have a good time. I'm hoping that the local FoxTV reporters will never interview me as I'd hate to admit that I'm not really paying attention to the show on the screens. I have more fun people watching. And I gotta admit, it's a hoot.

Stay tuned...with luck Westgate will be partying with Jordin for a few more weeks.

Kathy

No comments: