"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

05 January 2007

The Spice Girl

The resident “spice girl” in my house is Nutmeg. (Hey! I heard that groan!!!)
She’s a very quiet greyhound and usually hangs in the background.
She knows all. Especially who causes trouble when I’m away. And it’s usually her.
She has an oddly shaped square head and it’s rather large…which has also been said about me… and not regarding my hat size!
She loves dirt. Sitting in it. Laying in it. Eating it.
She also like to smile – which is why I know she eats dirt.
She has a terrific sense of fashion. She has enjoyed eating my funky Dansko sandals, several pairs of leather shoes and my designer glasses. Luckily, she does not have a taste for Coach purses. Yet.
She can bust a move and does an adorable happy dance before every meal.
She’s my scullery maid and stands faithfully at my side when I’m in the kitchen.
She likes to dig holes. Which will come in handy when I need to plant bulbs.
She’s my girlie. My missy. My Miss Thang. My desert rose.
She’s Nutmeg.


No comments: