"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

06 December 2006

Stinky Feet

Ya know how people say that after a period of time a human begins to resemble their dog? What happens when the dog starts to imitate the human??!!

Scotty is my beautiful red fawn. He's stunningly regal and has huge soft brown eyes. He hates getting his picture taken and I have yet to get a photo of him that isn't blurred or with his head turned. He loves getting his tummy rubbed when no one else is looking. And he has a very big "woof". If I were a greyhound, I'd like to be like Scotty.

I am a klutz. If there is a pile of poop, I'll be the one to step in it...literally! In the yard, on a walk, minding my own business (no pun intended). Especially if I have on a to-die-for pair of Jimmy Choo's. I'm hopeless!!!

So why would a greyhound as noble as Scotty feel the need to "be like Kathy"?

Scotty has observed me well for he's developed the uncanny knack of stepping in poop. Full paw. It's like he's making a plaster cast for posterity. But Scotty is very neat about this faux-paw (there I go again!). Rather than tracking his discovery thru the house, he will promptly sit on the closest bed and wait for his poopy paw to be discovered and cleaned. He would never dream of walking around with this paw in such a state. And to be honest - how could he? Scotty never fails to encase his finely doggyicured toenails in 2 inches of...er...um...poop. Even if he tried to walk, he'd be totally off balance. Which is what a lot of people say about me. But I digress....

Then again, maybe Scotty has not picked up my klutziness. Perhaps he is just exerting his own unique form of artistic expression.

No comments: