"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

27 August 2007

Come on, get happy

I enjoy good news. It starts the day on a positive note. And it's always welcome. Blah, blah, blah.

A week ago I received a notice that I was accepted into my 1st juried art show. Cool. Way cool. Happy dance way cool. I vaguely recall bouncing up and down in my dining room for 15 minutes. So OK...I like good news. I've been working like crazy creating new pieces for this show (and a large greyhound event I'll be attending in October). The extra good news is that the show is in the Las Vegas area, which means that I can not only drop into The Capital Grille for dinner one night but also get out to Lawry's. (ooooh!!! I can just feel my arteries clogging as I type.) The Lawry's in Chicago, along with Bistro 110 (don't miss their monkfish and be sure to get a table in the back as a window seat there screams "I'm a tourist") have long been my favorites. Oh that reminds me. I need to book my November trip to Chicago. Be right back.....



(38 minutes later)


Phew! All set. Now where was I? Oh yes, Las Vegas art event. My greyhound nephew Nate's mom aka Shel will be there too with her paper art. I love what she does and as I have no clue how she does it, I'm a devoted shopper. I believe I also heard something about a wine walk on Saturday nite. Hopefully it will be a good weekend sales & weather wise or it just may turn into a whine walk.


Good news or not, being an avowed pessimist ensures I'm never disappointed! Now here's a few offerings I hope you won't find disappointing....



"And I Didn't Say"





"Elenora"




"#4"

I recently took photos of the adoptables at the Tucson Greyhound Park kennels and this strappin' boy was the fourth greyhound I met that day.




"Red Deco"





"mon petit Bobo"

Yes, that is my very flexible Bobo who prefers playing with a box of Kleenex over a stuffy any day.

Well, braketime is over. It's back to the drawing board for me.


Kathy

No comments: