"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

08 January 2007

Don't worry, be happy

I read an article not long ago which stated that people are far too worried about being happy and that their goals for being happy are unrealistic. The article suggested reviewing each day and finding 3 good things that happened to you, and then focus on why those things came about. Slowly but surely you will discover that you have many good things that occur in your life to be happy about, both big and small. Well, that’s so simple even I could do it. And I did. And it worked!

So every day for the last few weeks before I fall asleep, I think of 3 good things that happened during the course of the day. What am I happy about today?

I made a pecan pie for the first time - from scratch no less - using the pecans from the trees in my yard…and it was a success!!!!

I did a half hour on my exercise equipment without grumbling.

I cleaned out my closet. Heck, if you’d seen my closet, you’d understand why cleaning it out was a good thing and why I’m happy.

Kathy

No comments: