"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

22 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, my company has skidaddled, the pup are all snoozing (and for some reason Remy has holed up in the closet) and the homeless kittys are enjoying a bit of turkey on the back porch. This year's turkey was 20 lbs. juicy goodness, my stuffing was yummy and for the second year in a row my gravy was perfect. Homemade gravy and I have never had a good relationship but lately it's a snap. All in all it was a ideal day. Tomorrow is the start of Glendale Glitters, our annual holiday festival and the zillions of lights throughtout the park and streets. It's really something to see and makes our evening stroll more enjoyable. I didn't think holidays without snow and 20 degree temps would feel right but as long as you are with those you love and you like where you are, you learn that the weather does not make the season.

Kathy

No comments: