"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

30 June 2007

The journey is easy...

...it's what to do once you get there that's a bit difficult.

Over the last two and a half years my life has taken me on unexpected journeys. Many were unpleasent, one was heartbreaking, one made my eyes roll to the back of my head and almost get stuck there, a couple are a lot funnier now than they were at the time and one has made me happier than I have ever been.


My dog died.


My business almost folded.


I got divorced.


I got a "real" job.


I've learned who my friends are but more important, I've learned who my friends aren't.


I've witnessed my parents resume speaking to each other after divorcing 25 years ago.



I can't figure out why I took the tv cabinet and not the tv, the tea pot and not the teaspoons and most perplexing...why did I finally remember where I hid my mad money stash AFTER I moved???!!!????!?!?


I discovered I could go home again.


The house I grew up in was sold.


I moved twice.


I still can't find many of the things I packed.


My oldest friend Carol died of brain cancer and a huge part of my childhood is gone forever.


I flew for the first time in my life. And then did it 6 more times!


I finally got that old house with a white picket fence.


I found I was a lot stronger than I thought I was.


After many tests, I'm happy to report I don't have macular degeneration - yet!


I now have a life full of dogs and while I wonder just how crazy I am, I wouldn't change a thing!


Much as I hate to admit it, I will always be a material girl.


My house has become my home.


And best of all, I'm living happily ever after!

Kathy

No comments: