"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes 2004

"Ain't Life Grand" by Kathy Hoynes  2004

19 May 2007

On this spot....

When I moved into "historic Catlin Court", little did I know that I was living in a real historic house. On 17 May, my home was presented with a bronze plaque, which is now proudly displayed at my front door, announcing to the world and the unsuspecting public at large that it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Well as far as I know George Washington didn't sleep here, which would have been a historic feet in itself as my house was built 120 years after he died. Country singer Marty Robbins lived on the next block but I don't think he ever dropped in. And Jordin Spark's mom had a gift shop about 2 blocks away from my place but alas, she didn't come by either. About the only thing that happened "on this historic spot" is that my favorite homeless cat Charger takes a nap in the sun sprawled out in the middle of the front porch every day about 2pm.

So if you plan on dropping by for a visit, my house is vey easy to find. If you spot a very overweight cat snoring happily in a sunbeam while a woman in paint splattered jeans frantically polishes a 5 pound historic plaque with 4 or 5 greyhounds looking out the window, you've got the right place!

Kathy

No comments: